Recent Post

Breaking: Atiku Abubakar Dumps APC




Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has resigned from the All Progressives Congress.
Abubakar confirmed this in a assertion he in my view signed on Friday.

He also gave reasons for quitting the birthday party.


However, he did now not kingdom which birthday party he intends to join, however stated he is thinking about on his political destiny.

The assertion, titled: “Statement of resignation of His Excellency Atiku Abubakar (Waziri Adamawa) Vice President of Nigeria, 1999-2007 from the All Progressives Congress,” reads in full…

“On the 19th of December, 2013, I received contributors of the All Progressives Congress at my residence in Abuja. They had come to attraction to me to sign up for their birthday celebration after my party, the Peoples Democratic Party, had end up factionalized because of the unique convention of August 31, 2013.

“The fractionalization of the Peoples Democratic Party on August 31, 2013 had left me in a state of affairs where I turned into, with numerous different dependable party members, in limbo, no longer knowing which of the parallel executives of the celebration turned into the valid leadership.

“It turned into below this cloud that members of the APC made the attraction to me to enroll in their birthday party, with the promise that the injustices and failure to abide by using its very own charter which had dogged the then PDP, could no longer be replicated in the APC and with the warranty that the imaginative and prescient different founding fathers and I had for the PDP can be actualized via the All Progressives Congress.

“It was on the premise of this invitation and the assurances made to me that I, being celebration-much less at that point, because of the fractionalization of my birthday party, widespread on February 2, 2014, the hand of fellowship given to me via the All Progressives Congress.

“On that day, I stated “it's miles the struggle for democracy and constitutionalism and provider to my country and my humans which might be using my desire and my choice” to just accept the invitation to enroll in the All Progressives Congress.
“Like you, I said that due to the fact I believed that we had finally seen the beginnings of the rebirth of the brand new Nigeria of our goals which could work for each person, old and young.

“However, events of the intervening years have proven that like another human and like many other Nigerians, I changed into fallible.

“While different parties have purged themselves of the arbitrariness and unconstitutionality that brought about fractionalization, the All Progressives Congress has followed the ones same practices or even gone past them to institute a regime of a draconian clampdown on all forms of democracy in the party and the government it produced.

“Only last yr, a governor produced by means of the birthday party wrote a secret memorandum to the president which ended up being leaked. In that memo, he admitted that the All Progressives Congress had ‘not simplest did not control expectations of a population that anticipated overnight ‘alternate’ however has didn't deliver even mundane matters of governance’.

“Of the party itself, that identical governor stated ‘Mr. President, Sir Your relationship with the countrywide leadership of the birthday party, each the formal (NWC) and informal (Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso), and previous Governors of ANPP, PDP (that joined us) and ACN, is perceived via maximum observers to be at exceptional frosty. Many of them are aggrieved because of what they do not forget overall absence of consultations with them in your element and people you've got assigned such responsibilities.


“Since that memorandum was written up until today, not anything has been accomplished to opposite the treatment meted out to the ones people invited to join the All Progressives Congress on the electricity of a promise that has confirmed to be false. If something, the ones behaviours have without a doubt worsened.

“But more importantly, the celebration we put in location has failed and keeps to fail our people, mainly our younger people. How can we have a federal cupboard with out even one unmarried teenagers.

“A party that does not take the young people into account is a dying party. The destiny belongs to younger humans.

“I admit that I and others who customary the invitation to join the APC were eager to make nice modifications for our country that we fell for a mirage. Can you blame us for looking to position a rapid stop to the sufferings of the loads of our humans?

“Be that as it could be, after due consultation with my God, my own family, my supporters and the Nigerian human beings whom I meet in all walks of existence, I, Atiku Abubakar, Waziri Adamawa, hereby gentle my resignation from the All Progressives Congress while I take time to ponder my destiny.

“May God bless you and may God bless Nigeria”.

No comments